Tuesday 20 November 2012

20/11 Trent

1st choice of swim not practical due to wind and rain direction, ended up in an old favourite round the corner. A good afternoon perching, 5 over 2lb - I weighed the biggest 2 at 2lb 14 and 3lb 1oz. Only managed to photo the 1st one before the camera packed up though...



I had 2 zander, 9lb 2oz and a small one. Missed a few runs as well including 2 due to striking with the baitrunner on. Once would be bad enough but to do it twice is a bit retarded.

It got a bit quiter later on so I cast one rod a bit further out where I missed one take (one of the baitrunner errors). Recast and not long later had a fish on again. Expecting a small zander I was surprised to see it was a perch, 2lb 13oz. It had been properly dark for about 3 hours - 7.45pm. Ive had a couple of perch before on deadbaits but never at that time of night...