Saturday 26 June 2010

26/06 Dove & Trent




Started out on the Dove in a swim I'd liked the look of on a pre-season recce. One rod chucked out aimlessly with a pellet attached, the other paternostered small livebaits for perch. Bit of a supprise to find my minnow taken by a rainbow trout. Even more of a supprise to find a stone loach swim into and get trapped in my net as I nursed the trout back. A well voulenteered livebait. Not really, I didnt use it as a livebait. I ate it. Again...not really it went back.






Anyway, the local youth river swimming and shouting team then turned up - about 20 of them so I moved upstream. Unfortunately some of them were also in the jumping off bridges into the river team as well and I ended up back in the car and headed for the Trent.



Fished another new swim thats appeared near to where I fished the previous evening. 1st barbel @ 21:30 (again) of 9lb 3oz and a second fish of 8lb 12oz at 21:45. One smaller one at 22:30.
The photo is of the 1st one, thought I would practice taking photos that chop the top of my head off. Also caught 4 bream.